Sunday, February 28, 2010





By CAITLIN BUTLER - SCAVENGER HUNT ACTIVITY


2. At Chelsea Market I found many different types of people shopping there. They were young, middle aged and older people. But one thing I noticed was that it was mostly families and younger people who were shopping there. The atmosphere at Chelsea Market was very lovely, warm, friendly, and fun. The moment I got there, I was very shocked at just how big it was. It was like I had just entered into a whole different world. Even the architecture there was beautiful. It was mostly old red brick and metal all around the place. Chelsea Market used to be a biscuit company in 1898 all the way through 1958, but then turned into Chelsea market later, which we have now. It was very narrow but had many stores, such as food markets, sweet shops, food and baskets shops, restaurants and Ice cream shops. My favorite part of Chelsea Market though was the water fountain statue that they have right inside the Market. It was so cool. I loved its colors and I even made a wish! So I ended up taking a picture of the fountain. I also had really good gelato ice cream. It had caramel and Green tea gelato. Yummmmyyyy! Another cool thing that I did not know about Chelsea Market was that they shoot Channel 1 there. It even has a separate elevator that you can take to go up into the Channel 1 studio. I thought that was very neat. Who ever knew it was filmed in Chelsea Market. I used to watch channel 1 all the time in my High school. I even went shopping into Chelsea Market grocery store and bought some groceries. Overall, I thought Chelsea Market was very beautiful and had a lot to offer to its shoppers. I would definitely go back there!

3. I found this one woman in her 40’s who was reverse commuting from New York City to Tarrytown, New York. I asked her why she was reverse commuting and she told me because she works in Tarrytown, New York for a small company dealing with medicine. I then asked her if she liked reverse commuting to Tarrytown from New York City and she said at first she did not like commuting because she had to travel out of her way to just go to work, but then she said she got used to it and found out that there were some great things about her reverse commuting. She said that she was going against the all the traffic because everyone was going into the city while she was out of the city and vice versa. Also the Metro North line was very peaceful and quiet ride where she could catch up on her reading and relax. She also liked the fact how she could get a seat every time because the trains were less crowded when she went. She seemed overall very happy about doing reverse commuting.

No comments:

Post a Comment